What you need to know about laser hair removal
What is Soprano XL
How does it work
What areas can be treated
What does the process involve?
How many treatments will I need?
Why do I need repeat treatments?
Will my hair grow back?
Is it safe?
9 things you should know about hair removal
The Alma Soprano XLi is a world-class laser hair removal system with FDA approved pain free technology that permanently removes hair. It is the answer to your problems. Safe and effective for all skin types including Asian, black and tanned skin. Perfect for any body area – including more sensitive areas like the face, neck and bikini area. The treatments are recovery free you can return to normal activities immediately. Tailor made packages available to suit your needs.
What is Soprano XL SHR?
Soprano XL is a leading, world class revolutionary new laser Super Hair Removal (SHR) system that is officially approved by the United States FDA as “pain free.”
Soprano XL combines the best laser for hair removal, the industry:-”GOLD STANDARD” features of 810nm diode with an exclusive ‘in motion’ approach which can deliver fast, unsurpassed results more safely than other lasers and usually in less treatments.
How does it work?
The Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser system gradually heats the hair follicles in the subdermal layer of your skin using pulses of infrared diode laser energy until they can no longer produce new hair.
The unique, IN-Motion™ technology enables a much wider area to be treated more quickly than ever before and eliminates any missed areas, common with other types of laser. In addition, a patented DualChill™ mechanism ensures the surface of your skin stays cool and comfortable throughout your treatment.
Which body areas can be treated?
Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ is perfect for any area of the body – including more sensitive areas like the face, neck and bikini area.
How do I know it really won’t hurt?
Most people find the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal treatment very comfortable, similar to a “hot stone massage”, especially when compared to other hair removal methods and lasers. This is one of few laser hair removal procedures where numbing cream is not necessary. Pain is subjective, however, so if you find it otherwise please let us know so we can adjust your treatment accordingly.
Safe for all skin types
The Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal treatment is safe for all skin types, hair types and any hair with colour anywhere on the body – including more sensitive areas like the face and bikini area. It can even be used on tanned skin. We recommend however that you are not actively tanning at the time of your treatment.
Preparing for the treatment
Prior to any treatment you will have a full consultation with one of our specialist Aesthetic Nurses. A pre-treatment test patch will then be carried out so that the laser parameters are matched to your skin and hair type ensuring no unexpected skin reactions occur during your full treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments required can vary depending on hair density, hair colour, skin type, the area being treated and your hair growth. In turn, the density of your hair and its growth depend on other factors such as age, hormones, medication and your ethnic background. This will be discussed during your consultation.
Why do I need repeat treatments?
Hair growth occurs in 4 stages: Early Anagen (early hair growth), Anagen (active hair growth) Catagen (regression) Telogen (resting, not growing). Laser treatment only affects hair follicles that are actively producing hair at the time of treatment; resting follicles must enter the growth phase before they can be effectively treated. For this reason the treatment must be repeated until all the hair follicles have passed through the growth phase.
Will my hair ever grow back?
Actively growing hairs that are treated should not grow back. Once a hair follicle is damaged it cannot grow hair. However, hair follicles that did not enter the active growth phase at the time of your treatment will still need to be treated. It is therefore not unusual for patients to have a touch-up treatment 6-12 months after the initial treatment. Patients experiencing hormonal changes may also require touch up treatments from time to time.
Is it safe?
Laser hair removal is the most popular aesthetic procedure performed annually. Hair removal is one of the aesthetic medical industry’s most well-known and researched uses of lasers and the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment has provided safe and effective permanent hair reduction for thousands of patients worldwide. Because Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ utilises IN-MOTION™ and low-heat settings, the Soprano XL is able to provide a level of safety unlike any other laser hair removal procedure.
Your visit to Esthetics
- Your initial visit to Esthetics begins with a FREE, no obligation consultation..
- At Esthetics we can assure you that you are in safe hands.
- Your consultation will begin by listening to and understanding your concerns and requirements and discussing how best we can meet and exceed your expectations.
- We will clearly outline the treatment procedure, together with the benefits and any potential risks of the treatment.
- Any questions you have about the process or treatment will be answered honestly so together we decide on the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Any necessary pre and post treatment care will also be explained in detail.
- For all Laser treatments a test patch is required. This can be carried out during your consultation appointment.
- There is no obligation to book the treatment with us after your consultation, however, if you do wish to book a treatment this can be done for you after your consultation or at a later date via phone or e-mail.
- We appreciate that many of our patients have very busy schedules or travel a significant distance to attend our clinics. Most people therefore have their patch test carried out during their consultation to avoid another visit prior to starting the treatment.
- Before your treatment you will be provided with a detailed consent form which you will be asked to read and sign.
- You will also have the opportunity to ask any other questions you have regarding the treatment.
- You will also be provided with written pre and post treatment advice which includes:
Pre Treatment Advice
- You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing or threading the hair for 6 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Do not use depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
- Please shave the area the day before or the morning of the treatment.
- Make-up, perfume or deodorant should be removed from the area to be treated prior to your appointment time.
- Jewellery near the area to be treated should be removed.
- Inform us if there has been any change in your medical history since your last visit.
- Actively tanned skin (i.e. sun or sun bed exposure within the last 2 weeks) should not be treated as this may result in hypopigmentation (white spots) which may not clear for several months. Darker skin types can retain a tan for several months – this can be treated with the Soprano XL.
Post Treatment Advice
- Immediately after the treatment the area may be red and/or swollen, this may feel like mild sunburn.
- The application of cold compresses after the treatment or Aloe Vera Gel is recommended.
- Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment if required.
- Do not use saunas, steam rooms or have hot baths or hot showers for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Sun exposure or sun beds must be avoided for at least four weeks after the treatment as this will increase the risk of hyper (increased) and hypo (decreased) pigmentation.
- A sun screen (SPF 30) should be used on all exposed parts for four weeks after the treatment.
- Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for at least 3 weeks after the treatment, however one to two weeks after the treatment, shedding of the treated hair may occur (this is NOT new hair growth).
- Do not use any other hair removal treatment methods (waxing, electrolysis, plucking or threading) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after the treatment. SHAVING, TRIMMING OR DEPLIATORIES CAN BE USED BETWEEN TREATMENTS.
- So we can offer you convenient appointment times, we recommend that after your treatment you book in your next one, as our clinic gets very busy
- We are happy to set up a text or e-mail reminder service to let you know when your new treatment is due.